Thursday, March 17, 2011

Resting In His Grace

Whew... Well if I told you that this week was marvelous, I would only be considered optimistic, because honestly, its felt anything but.  I think God allows these times to reel us back in to reality. And I've been hearing the winding of the wheel as God turns the handle. The tugs don't always feel so good, but the end results are worth it.

Humility and His Grace is where I am choosing to rest tonight. I thank God for allowing me to walk in my ways for a little bit so I can experience the hiccups first hand. They are just bittersweet reminders that I am not quite where I need to be, and I am absolutely nothing without His grace and providence in my life.

Have you felt like you've failed the test lately? Well, let me just say, you are not alone. I have failed more than one test this week, but I am learning these failed test are not to be looked upon as negative experiences. We should look upon them as huge stepping stones that are getting us closer and closer to His Heavenly Throne. Sometimes we'll trip as we are taking that next step and fall, and may even skid our knee a bit, but His graceful hand reaches down to help us back up, and it's then that we realize we can't get up these big stones without Him.

So tonight, as I reflect on this week of reeling, I am graciously reminded of where I belong, in His presence, just resting in His grace......

0 comments:

Post a Comment